The meeting was called to order by Chairperson Wikstrom at 8:00 p.m. and a quorum was determined. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Members Burkel, Koland, Murray, Olson, Regalado, Chair Wikstrom plus Superintendent/Principal Sorgaard and Dean of Students Amb were present.
We are Proud:
• We are proud of our teaching staff for putting together the first annual Open House and Picnic. They organized, shopped, got donations, and worked to make the night a huge success. The teaching staff, administration, and many support staff donated their time.
• We are proud of Roger, Jaron, Julie, Erica, Shawn, and Nick for getting the school ready for the beginning of another year.
• We are proud of Denise, Carol and Heidi for their dedication to the school district. They spent countless hours this summer ordering requisitions and making sure all the paperwork was ready for the Staff when workshops began in August.
• We are proud of the whole staff for their dedication to make sure this school year started out well by coming in early and getting their classrooms ready for another school year.
• We are proud of Mr. Amb for putting in much time and effort to make sure the school year started smoothly.
Member Burkel moved, Member Murray seconded to approve the agenda as presented. UC
Member Regalado moved, Member Burkel seconded to approve the minutes of the August 18, 2015 regular meeting. UC
Member Murray moved, Member Koland seconded to authorize payment for claims in the following funds. UC
Last Year This Year
GENERAL $30,113.76 $37,769.66
FOOD SERVICE 2,828.98 193.70
COMMUNITY SERVICE _____43.07 ______0.00
TOTAL $32,985.81 $37,963.36
Visitors present were Dan Nordine and Heidi Hanson.
Member Burkel moved and Member Regalado seconded to accept the Assurance of Compliance with State and Federal Laws prohibiting discrimination. UC
Member Burkel moved and Member Koland seconded to adopt the ten year Long-Term Facility Maintenance Plan as presented. The items tagged for 2015-16 will be implemented contractually during fiscal year 2015-16. UC
Member Murray moved, Member Olson seconded to set the preliminary levy certification at the Maximum. UC
Levy Category 2014-15 2015-16 Difference
General – RMV Voter $136,004.92 $153,624.91 +$17,619.99 General-RMV Other 40,539.08 48,934.70 +8,395.62
General – NTC Other-GENED 8,348.93 8,844.01 +495.08
General –NTC Other-JOBZ 139,778.47 103,470.39 (36,308.08)
Community SERV- NTC Other 24,917.56 25,581.00 +663.44
General Debt Service-NTC 246,202.44 169,688.64 (76,513.80)
Total Levy $595,791.40 $510,143.65 ($85,647.75)
Pursuant to due call and notice thereof, a Regular meeting of the School Board of Independent School District No. 2358 (Tri-County Public School), State of Minnesota, was duly held in said school district on September 15, 2015, at 8:00 o’clock p.m. for the purpose, in part, of adopting a resolution appointing election judges.
Member Murray moved the adoption of the following Resolution:
RESOLUTION APPOINTING ELECTION JUDGES
FOR THE NOVEMBER 3, 2015
SCHOOL DISTRICT SPECIAL ELECTION
BE IT RESOLVED by the School Board of Independent School District No. 2358, State of Minnesota, as follows:
1. The individuals specified on EXHIBIT A attached hereto, each of whom is qualified to serve as an election judge, are hereby appointed as judges of election for the school district’s special election on November 3, 2015, to act as such at the combined polling places listed on said exhibit.
2. The election judges shall act as clerks of election, count the ballots cast and submit the results to the school board for canvass in the manner provided for other school district elections.
The motion for the adoption of the foregoing resolution was duly seconded by
Member Burkel. The following voted in favor: Wikstrom, Burkel, Olson, Regalado, Murray & Koland and the following voted against: None
whereupon said resolution was declared duly passed and adopted.
COMBINED ELECTION JUDGES
Lake Bronson Head Election Judge: Megan Hanson
Community Center Judy Bronson
Karlstad Community Center Head Election Judge: Wayne Ruud
Strandquist Community Center Head Election Judge: LouAnn Rux
Member Regalado moved and Member Koland seconded to appoint Laurie Lofstrom, Denise Lund, and David Sorgaard as the Absentee Ballot Board. UC
Member Burkel moved and Member Olson seconded to set the date and time for Canvassing the 2015 Special Elections for November 6 at 5:00 p.m. UC
Member Murray moved, Member Burkel seconded to accept the resignation of Maureen Regalado effective September 15, 2015, from the Board of Education of Tri-County Schools. UC
Dean of Students Amb reported on the following: After School Program; Back to School Night; Teacher Tailgate at KCC/Freeze Game; First Week of School; Website Updates
Superintendent Sorgaard reported on the following: Referendum Election Meetings and Articles; District Vehicle List; Bids for 2000 GMC Bluebird Bus; Auditor will be at the October Meeting
NWRIC: No Report
Region I: Went over the budget for FY16.
Member Murray moved, Member Burkel seconded to adjourn. UC
Respectfully submitted by Mark Koland, Clerk _________________________
Next Meeting: October 20 at 8:00 p.m.