STATE OF MINNESOTA DISTRICT COURT
COUNTY OF ROSEAU NINTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
CASE TYPE: 14 OTHER CIVIL
Court File No. 68-CV-15-849
Stanley C. Ames, Marilyn Ames, and
Vincent Ames, individually; and Vincent
J. Ames and Valerie I. Ames, as Trustees
of the Ames Revocable Living Trust
Dated November 10, 2011,
Elsa Nelson, and the unknown heirs of,
Elsa Nelson; also all other persons unknown
claiming any right, title, estate, interest or
lien in the real estate described in the
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO:
ELSA NELSON, AND THE UNKNOWN HEIRS OF ELSA NELSON; ALSO ALL OTHER PERSONS UNKNOWN CLAIMING ANY RIGHT, TITLE, ESTATE, INTEREST OR LIEN IN THE REAL ESTATE DESCRIBED IN THE COMPLAINT.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiffs have started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs’ Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
Anderson Law Offices, P.A.
P.O. Box 430
Warroad, MN 56763
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs’ Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiffs should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiffs everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Roseau County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
The West Half of the Northwest Quarter (W½ NW¼), Section Twenty (20), Township One Hundred Fifty-Nine (159) North, Range Forty-two (42) West.
The object of this action is an action to determine adverse claims.
Dated this 13th day of November, 2015.
ANDERSON LAW OFFICES, P.A.
Nora L. Crumpton – #0392570
115 Roberts Ave. NE
P.O. Box 430
Warroad, MN 56763
Telephone: (218) 386-1040
ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFFS
(December 2, 9, &16, 2015)