AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF GREENBUSH, MINNESOTA, ANNEXING PROPERTY LOCATED IN HEREIM TOWNSHIP, ROSEAU COUNTY, MINNESOTA, PURSUANT TO MINNESOTA STATUTES 414.033, SUBD. 2(1), PERMITTING ANNEXATION BY ORDINANCE.
WHEREAS, said property is unincorporated and abuts the City of Greenbush on its southwesterly boundary; and is owned by the City of Greenbush; and
WHEREAS, the City of Greenbush was not required to hold a public hearing pursuant to Minnesota Statutes § 414.033, Subd. 2(b), as the land is owned by the City, nor was written notice requited to be mailed to the township of Hereim; and
WHEREAS, the city council held meetings to review the annexation;
NOW THEREFORE, the city council of the City of Greenbush hereby ordains as follows:
1. The city council hereby determines that the property as hereinafter described abuts the City limits and is urban or suburban in nature or about to become so pursuant to proposed development and said land is currently owned by the City of Greenbush.
2. None of the property is now included within the limits of any city, or in any area that has already been designated for orderly annexation pursuant to Minnesota Statutes §414.0325.
3. The corporate limits of the City of Greenbush, Minnesota, are hereby extended to include the following described property, said land abutting the City of Greenbush and already owned by said City of Greenbush and it being necessary and appropriate that the same be annexed within the corporate limits of said City of Greenbush, Minnesota, to-wit:
All that part of the South Half of the Southeast Quarter of the Southeast Quarter (S ½ of SE ¼ SE ¼), Section Nine (9), Township One Hundred Sixty (160) North, Range Forty-three (43) West, lying and being East of the East Right-of-Way line of Minnesota State Trunk Highway No. 11, as presently located and established.
A copy of the corporate boundary map showing the property to be annexed and its relationship to the corporate boundaries of the City of Greenbush is attached hereto as Exhibit A.
4. That the area legally described herein is vacant and will not affect the population of the City at this time.
5. The area being annexed is hereby classified as CM Commercial District as defined in the City of Greenbush Ordinance No 80. The official zoning map is to be amended to display the annexed area and zoning classification.
6. The City of Greenbush will make no cash payment to Hereim Township pursuant to Minnesota Statues§ 414.036, since the land being annexed is City owned.
7. That pursuant to Minnesota Statutes § 414.036, there are no special assessments assigned by the town to the annexed property.
8. That the City Clerk-Treasurer of the City of Greenbush is hereby authorized and directed to file a copy of this ordinance with the Municipal Boundary Adjustment Unit of the Office of the Administrative Hearings, the Minnesota Secretary of State, the Roseau County Auditor, Roseau County Treasurer and the Hereim Township Clerk.
9. That this ordinance shall be in full force and effect and final upon the dates this ordinance is approved by the Office of Administrative Hearings.
ADOPTED BY THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF GREENBUSH, MINNESOTA, THIS 16th DAY OF OCTOBER, 2015.
Scott Waage Anita Locken
(April 13, 2016)